Sunday, October 16, 2005

Muse



Prayer to the Muse
Calliope, oh, mistress of the pen,
Fair whisperer of the writer’s mien.
You give to us dreams, both dark and bright,
And the kiss of inspiration’s might.

You brush us with swift lightning’s force,
As we write epics of passion's course.
To you we keep our sacred duty,
To write of life’s dark shadowed beauty

All we ask, oh literary muse,
Is time to complete our written dues.
Keep us from the heart diminished,
And leave us not with work unfinished.

May we hold firmly the pen sublime,
That we might finish before deadline.
And keep your kiss upon our brow,
That we may write unto the final bow.

Morgan Hawke
(Believe it or not, this puppy is Original -- by Me!)

5 comments:

  1. They say the talented people are talented in everything :) I love that 'unto the final bow' ending. Reminds me of "my makeup's flaking, but my smile still stays on..."
    It's just like show business... with much less exposure ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope to go out like Andre Norton - over 90 and stiil writing fiction -- to my last breath.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the trick is still being able to get excited about your own stories--well into the years to come... though don't think you'll have any problems with that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. and It's EXCELLENT! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Incredibly Lovely, my dear. But I would expect nothing less from you!
    *smooches*

    ReplyDelete